June 13, 2016
Marketing Best Practices For MSPS
Blogs and eBooks and white papers, oh my! These are the tentpoles of inbound marketing. Inbound marketing focuses on creating and sharing content, leveraging the power of the Internet and social media to distribute educational content via blogs, white papers, case studies, eBooks and more. By crafting content specifically designed with a target audience in mind, inbound attracts qualified prospects to a business and keeps them coming back for more. Here are some of the top inbound marketing tips and techniques for managed service professionals:
- Blogging: The effectiveness of blogging is the ability to share your thoughts about your business and industry directly with your customers. If you’re running a blog, make sure you are posting new content to it regularly (at least 1-3 times per week).
- eBooks: eBooks are long form content pieces similar to white papers (more on that later) but with a more conversational tone and enhanced design elements. We put out 1-2 eBooks for our partners per week and try and get as creative as possible with the designs. You can check them out anytime in our Resource Center.
- White papers: white papers are authoritative, in-depth reports on specific topics that present a problem and provide a solution. These, long-format content pieces are used by marketers to educate their prospects and customers in a medium more formal than an eBook.
- Content Topics: There are a number of ways to develop a relevant topic list that will appeal to your audience. First and foremost, speak with your client base. The issues and topics your current customers are interested in is likely the same issues and topics that your ideal prospects are seeking education around - create that content and those leads will come to you!
- Google Adwords: Google Adwords is an online advertising service that enables companies to compete to display brief ad copy to web users, based in part on keywords, that may link the copy to the content of web pages shown to users in search. Sounds like a lot of work? We highly recommend leveraging a third-party company to handle your Google Adwords strategy for you. Trust us, it’s worth it!
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): The current thinking is that compelling, relevant content is the best approach to Search Engine Optimization (SEO). However there are some things you can do to enhance your searchability. If you are just getting started with SEO, we recommend hiring an expert to assist you to ensure you are as competitive and discoverable in your region as possible. These services can be found at an affordable price and can make a huge impact!
To learn more about marketing best practices, join us tomorrow afternoon for a free webinar! Hear first-hand the most effective strategies for promoting your managed services from the pros who’ve been through it all. We’ll have a trio of featured channel marketing experts: Brian Dunn, President of Epic Sky Marketing; Tracy Rock, Director of Marketing at InvenioIT; and Dale Schulmistra, Principal and Co-Founder of Invenio IT. Don’t miss out on this great event!