Feb 27, 2019
State of Ransomware across Australia and New Zealand in 2018
Datto surveyed over 200 managed service providers (MSPs) across Australia and New Zealand about ransomware and published the key takeaways in this report. Download the report today to unlock new trends and statistics on the biggest threat facing the IT Channel, and what your peers are doing to prepare.
Lets check out a few key takeaways from the report:
- Attacks on Android systems peak in ANZ. 11 percent of MSPs report ransomware attacks on Android systems, exceeding the global average of 8 percent
- Only 44 percent of MPSs report SMBs are highly concerned about ransomware.
- From Q2 2016 - Q2 2018, 81 percent of MSPs report ransomware attacks against SMBs. In the first half of 2018 alone, 64 percent report attacks against clients.
- On average, MSPs report 4+ attacks against clients per year. But only about 18 percent of attacks are reported to authorities, which means the problem is likely bigger than we know.
- MSPs rank BCDR as most effective for ransomware protection compared to other solutions. With BCDR, 84 percent of MSPs report clients full recovered from an attack in 24 hours or fewer.
To find out more about the current state of ransomware and what MSPs can do to fight back, check out the full report today.