November 10, 2020
Datto SaaS Protection Daily Success Reports Ease MSPs’ Backup Management
At Datto, we pride ourselves on working closely with our partners to deliver solutions that managed service providers (MSPs) need. Case in point: You asked us to give you more at-a-glance views of backup status with clients, and we’re pleased to introduce all-new SaaS Protection Daily Backup Success Reports. These automated reports provide an account status snapshot for each of your clients’ Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace data, highlighting backup health per client, per application. To access Daily Backup Success reports, you must first opt-in from the Datto SaaS Protection Status Page.
In this first release of Daily Backup Success Reports, we’ve focused on rolling out new reporting functionality. Our Daily Backup Success Reports will push backup health data for each of your clients directly to your inbox in a single PDF file. This eliminates the need to log in to SaaS Protection for each client to check that their backups are there. Additionally, you can now click on individual clients to see granular details on a per backup basis. For example, you’ll be able to view the time the backup took place, the user, and a failure reason if there is an issue. If applicable, item details will be displayed for successful or partially successful backup runs. In other words, if a OneDrive backup fails, you can drill down to see the exact Word document that didn’t get backed up.
How to Access the Daily Success Backup Reports
To receive this report, simply log in to the Partner Portal and navigate to the SaaS Protection Status page. Note: you must be upgraded to v3.0 of the platform to gain access.
Opt-in through a simple one-step process and input your time zone and any additional email addresses that you would like the report sent to. Be certain to select the correct time zone to ensure that we capture the 24hr period from 12am-12am relative to your global location.
After you have completed the process, you will begin to receive the report the following business day.
Separately, you also can access the historical view of your backups over a 10-day period. The following color-coded fields indicate:
- Green: All services for an application were successfully backed up at least once without item failure in a 24-hour period.
- Green/Orange: The most successful snapshot taken over a 24-hour period for at least one service.
- Red: At least one service didn’t take any successful snapshots over a 24-hour period.
- White: A client is newly onboarded and does not have any data within the platform.
Highlighted fields to view in your SaaS Protection Daily Backup Success Reports include:
- Users Fully Protected: The raw count of active services that were protected over the last day.
- Never Fully Protected: A count of active services that are completing their initial backup.
- Last Date Fully Protected: The last date that all services for the associated application were protected within a 24-hour period.
Learn more about Datto SaaS Protection here.