January 02, 2017
A Look At Datto's Top Blogs Of 2016
As 2016 comes to a close, we decided to take a look back at some of the most popular blog posts among our readers. With 2016 being such a significant year for ransomware, some of these should come as no surprise.
- Common Types Of Ransomware: This cybersecurity threat is always evolving, with new threats seemingly every week.
- Hospital Forced To Pay King’s Ransom After Cyber Attack: Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center experienced an attack demanding a ransom of 40 bitcoins ($17,000) to regain access to their encrypted data.
- How Ransomware Locks Files On Google Drive: While Google Drive does wonders for convenience and collaboration, features like offline sync can present a major vulnerability when it comes to ransomware.
- Linux Backup Is Here: Linux is one of the most widely used OS in the world and Datto Linux agent was well received by our partners.
- Datto Launches Datto Drive: Datto announced our file sync and share solution, Datto Drive offering a free TB of storage for one year.
- Infographic: Ransomware By The Numbers: Last year, ransomware cost $325 million in damages, proving to be quite the cash cow for cyber criminals.
- U.S. Department Of Homeland Security Issues Ransomware Alert: The US Department of Homeland Security, in collaboration with Canadian Cyber Incident Response Centre, posted an official public alert about the increasing risk of ransomware attacks.
- Introducing Office 365 OneDrive Backup: With Backupify’s OneDrive backup, you can keep even more of your Office 365 data secure.
- How To Protect Against Ransomware: We told you all about the common types of ransomware, now learn how you can protect against ransomware and avoid falling victim to the cybersecurity threat.
- How Ransomware Is Spread: Just like it is useful to know all about the common types of ransomware and how to protect, understanding exactly how ransomware works is key.
We look forward to another successful year delivering content to our faithful readers. To stay on top of more great stories like the ones above, subscribe to the Datto Blog now!